Data Support Engineer
As part of the Data team, the Data Support team takes care of all incidents, questions and problems regarding to data from all Agoda users. Our products are OLAP, cubes, aggregation data, dashboards and reports that would help business to effectively perform data-driven-decision.
This function requires constant communication to users, from business, Quality Assurance, Software Development, Database Administrators, Product Owners and also within Data team, to communicate the issue and understand the updates and impacts.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide 1st tier level support for BI products and data issues
- Perform monitoring our BI products to make sure that data are availability, accuracy, freshness, no performance issue and ready to use within SLA
- Manage day-to-day ticket, prioritize and categorize issues to find the root cause and problem solving
- Understanding user requirement and data issue
- Pre-Investigate data and products issues on production and escalate to the right team.
- Follow up the issue progress and ETA from related team
- Coordinate with related team to fix data issue within SLA
- Communicate to related users in our products change, impact analysis and issue progress
- Provide ad hoc query on user request
- Data analysis and investigate the data quality issue.
- Assist users to working well on BI Product and data including provide data understanding and data access
- Monitor data uptime and drive efficiency team to achieve KPI
- Provide consult to team member in technical and recommend the solutions to problem solving
- Provide knowledge base and keep up-to-date in any BI Product changes.
- Support BI manager based on assignment
- Degree in IT related / Computer Science / MIS or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and experiences more than 3 years in BI solutions and data warehouse.
- Experiences in any of these BI Tools such as Microsoft BI tools, Tableau, SQL Server, Vertica, Hadoop
- Service-minded, Multi-tasking and Problem-solving person, Good communication skills, Fast learning and willing to learn non-technical business and industry knowledge
- Strong English, in speaking, reading and writing
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Experience in ticket based systems, incident management is a plus
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top