Data Science Manager - Bangkok
If you don't already know us, Agoda is the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia. And as a Priceline Group company, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world. We have the dynamism and short chain of command of a startup and the capital to make things happen. What’s stopping you from getting in touch?
Bangkok: While it’s 30°+ outside, our engineers don’t sweat, knowing they have the coolest jobs out there. Working in one of the largest international Internet employers headquartered in Asia, your work has an impact on what we do around the globe.
We move fast – why wait ages to see your ideas go live? Work on tough challenges, safe in the knowledge that you are surrounded by people as smart as you are (if not smarter!) to help solve them. And while we’re on the subject, Agoda people come from over 65 countries: It’s an incredible technical creative melting pot.
Technology is not just what we do – it’s at the heart of who we are. We put cutting-edge technology in your hands so you can help us change the way people run their lives. We want you to come here so they can get there – and get your career going places, too.
Maintaining this growth requires an incredible amount of data, a superior IT infrastructure, and world class talent to bring it all together.
Your role is to:
- Manage a team that helps crack our business problems and come up with deployable machine learning models
- Interface with business to make sure they are asking the right questions
- Sift through our data and find us some gems
- Be a world-class hands-on deploy master
Charm us with:
- Previous experience managing a team of Data Scientist's
- An earned stripes in coding, in data handling, in statistics and in machine learning (5 years of experience is a must.
- A good balance between theory and practice and a strong desire to learn and keep up with the latest technologies (a master degree in a quantitative field is a must; PhD is even better)
- Battle-tested team leading skills
- A good knowledge of what’s “Under the hood” of statistical methods
- Coding, coding, coding (R, Python, C#, Java, C++, Scala, …)
- Some extra points on: SQL, NLP, business acumen, blog writing, good sense of humor
We welcome both local and international applications for this role. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates.
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top