Data Apps Engineer - Real Time Microservices
Agoda is the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia. And as a Priceline Group company, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world. We have the dynamism and short chain of command of a startup and the capital to make things happen.
Our Bangkok team is looking for top quality passionate engineers to build data applications across our business domains.
Why data application in Agoda?
In Agoda we adopt a data-centric approach to solve almost all business problems. We build real-time data applications to answer questions like ranking, recommendation, and how to serve prices most efficiently. Our systems scale across multiple data centers, handling a few hundred thousand requests per second, and respond within a few milliseconds. We also build machine learning jobs to do the heavy crunching.
This is a unique combination of hard-core engineering challenges (scalability, performance, sometimes really low-level tuning) and latest big data technology. This is also the best place to gain exposure to various business domains in the company.
Day to day
- You’ll work with experienced engineers and product owners to identify business opportunities, design and create new data system from scratch, all the way to deploying software
- Improve scalability, stability, speed of existing applications
- Debug and fix production problems
- Collaborate with other team
- Research new technologies and share across organizations
- 3+ years of industry experience, preferred at a tech company
- Experience with at least following languages: Scala, Java, Python, or any functional/OO languages. We code primarily in Scala.
- Experience building API products (knows protocols/formats/best practices)
- Experience working in an agile environment using test driven methodologies.
Nice to have
- Experience building large-scale API products
- Experience working with big data technologies (eg. Spark, Hadoop)
- Passionate about functional programming
A few of the technologies we use
Scala, Spark, Akka, Spray, Python, Hadoop, Yarn, MLlib, ElasticSearch, Logstash, Vertica, Grafana.
- Generous annual leave increasing each year with additional business and family leave days
- 15 days of public holidays
- Provident fund
- Local or International health insurance options available with added additional options for family members
- Staff discounts on hotel bookings
- Staff discount scheme on restaurants, flights and local amenities
- Free Thai or English classes (if you want to learn or improve these skills)
We welcome both local and international applications for this role. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates.
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top