DATA APPLICATIONS ENGINEER – (Big Data/Machine Learning)
Agoda is the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia. And as a Priceline Group company, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world. We have the dynamism and short chain of command of a startup and the capital to make things happen.
Our Bangkok team is looking for top quality passionate engineers to build data applications across our business domains.
Why data application at Agoda?
In Agoda we adopt a data-centric approach to solve almost all business problems. You will help us build real-time data applications to answer questions like ranking, recommendation, and how to serve prices most efficiently. Our systems scale across multiple data centers, handling a few hundred thousand requests per second, and respond within a few milliseconds. We also build machine learning jobs to do the heavy crunching.
By joining this team you will gain experience within a unique combination of hard-core engineering challenges (scalability, performance, sometimes really low-level tuning) whilst using the latest big data technologies. This is also the best place to gain exposure to various business domains in the company.
Day to day:
- You’ll work with experienced engineers data scientists and product owners to identify business opportunities, design and create new data system from scratch, all the way to deploying software
- You will improve scalability, stability, speed of existing applications
- You will debug and fix production problems
- You'll collaborate with other teams
- You will research new technologies and share across organizations
- You will write frameworks and tools to be used by other teams
- You will come to us with 3+ years of industry experience, preferred at a tech company
- You have experience with: Scala, Python or any other OO or functional language. We code primarily in Scala
- You have experience working in an agile environment using test driven methodologies
- You are data driven: you prefer to make decisions based on data
Nice to have:
- Experience building large-scale distributed products
- Passionate about functional programming
- Experience working with Apache Spark
- Basic knowledge in statistics
A few of the technologies we use:
Scala, Spark (Core, SQL, ML), Python, Hadoop, Yarn, Grafana.
- Generous annual leave increasing each year with additional business and family leave days
- 15 days of public holidays
- Provident fund
- Local or International health insurance options available
- Staff discounts on hotel bookings
- Staff discount scheme on restaurants, flights and local amenities
- Free Thai or English classes (if you want to learn or improve these skills)
We welcome both local and international applications for this role. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top