Corporate & Country Operations Support Counsel
Corporate & Country Operations Support Counsel (Bangkok or Singapore-based. Relocation offered)
As a Corporate & Country Operations Support Counsel of Agoda, located in Bangkok, Thailand or Singapore, you will supervise and manage the dynamic Corporate Operations Support (COS) team and work in a small dedicated legal team and report to the General Counsel. You will also work with other stakeholders on corporate legal work, legal entity setup, corporate housekeeping, expansion of support offices, general commercial legal work, regulatory matters, and other legal work as the need arises. You may also be expected to get involved in certain specific projects involving local entity setups. The COS team’s key responsibilities focus on managing corporate secretarial administrative matters for over 45+ Agoda global entities, and growing. Your job will also involve working and coordination with outside counsel, corporate agents and other advisers.
You will work closely with other cross-functional teams, such as Legal, Payroll, HR Business Process, Treasury, Tax, GL Accounting, Facilities and Administration, Overseas Agoda Offices, etc. to ensure that projects will be delivered on time (i.e. new entity set up, annual corporate filings).
The legal department is composed of generalists who are broadly divided into specialties, but you will focus on the COS function, but may be asked to support cross-functional throughout the team as needed.
- Degree in Law at a respected university or law school – or equivalent degree or experience;
- Experience with both mature and developing jurisdictions;
- 7- 10 years of relevant experience (or equivalent), in a respected law firm, major corporation, and/or corporate agent or equivalent (ideally a combination of experiences);
- Experience and good knowledge of corporate secretarial work, corporate law and corporate structures;
- Experience with managing related teams and projects;
- Good understanding of commercial business needs and legal/contract support;
- Company secretarial certification a major plus;
- Experience with e-commerce would be advantageous;
- Good working knowledge and understanding of IT systems;
- Excellent communication skills in English and preferably also Thai; other language skills are a definite plus;
- Working experience or already based in Asia is a plus;
- Strategic thinker with good commercial instincts;
- Multi-tasker, Team player.
Country Operations & Legal Support
- Be responsible for managing an existing small, high-energy and fun team
- Advise on options for the business and company structure overall, taking into account overall strategy and business goals, as well as regulatory, tax and other constraints or drivers;
- Coordinate with the local corporate secretary firms for new entity set up processes and setting up BOD meetings and resolution.
- Coordinate with law firms, corporate agents and/or accounting and tax firms to gathering the information regarding the new entities setting up (Questionnaire and Engagement Letter).
- Ensure appropriate business licenses are in place for each entity;
- Coach junior staff in the team as needed;
- Ad-hoc work, including crisis management.
- Responsible for corporate housekeeping globally;
- Ensure strict compliance with corporate law (organize AGM, board meetings, DRIW, etc.) and ensure corporate secretarial protocols are in place to achieve this;
- Ensure timely annual corporate filings in accordance to statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Reviewing or drafting intercompany and intra group agreements with special attention to tax matters;
- Work independently, under general guidance by management;
- Ready to interact with and present to senior management and parent company;
- Good people management skills to supervise the COS team;
- Develop an excellent working relation with the Legal and Finance teams;
- Coordinate and work with outside advisors and colleagues, while ensuring that they are adequately aware of the company’s business model and commercial needs;
- Support the growth of the business globally;
- Coordinating day-to-day activities of external advisors including initial engagement briefings, agreeing and monitoring fee rates/estimates and conclusion of work to satisfactory standard. Ensuring “value-for-money” on all services;
- Travel may be required on an “as needed” basis.
This role requires highly self-driven and resilient character, solid relationship management capability to network with cross functional teams and external parties. Professional “get it done” attitude and high work ethics are strongly valued for this role.
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top