Compensation & Benefits Senior Specialist
Agoda is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing online travel agents. Coming from over 70+ countries, our 3,000+ person team is young, energetic, and hyper-focused on every last detail of the internet. Our parent company, the Price line group, owns several other premier travel brands, including Kayak, Booking.com and Rentalcars.com, making us by far the largest and fastest growing travel portfolio in the world. But in keeping with the group’s focus on entrepreneurship, each brand operates totally independently, allowing us to experiment and move fast.
We are looking for a self-motivated, dynamic professional to join us as a Compensation and Benefits Senior Specialist to help create and implement our compensation and benefits program. This role will be based in our Bangkok office and will report directly to our Compensation and Benefits Manager, also based in Bangkok. In this role, the ideal candidate will bring his or her prior knowledge, quantitative acumen and relevant implementation experience.
The ideal candidate will work closely with the C&B Team and other people functions in Agoda to ensure a coordinated approach to talent attraction and retention. Additionally, this individual will need to partner closely and maintain regular interaction with the key business heads in the company.
- Design and implement job architecture program to support appropriate job framework/taxonomy and map changes in the organization structure
- Harmonize compensation solutions in support of the job architecture program
- Serve as a subject matter expert working closely with our People Technology team to build the job architecture in our Workday HR information system
- Ensure compensation components correlates with performance
- Ensure highly accurate and timely fulfilment of our annual compensation cycle, as well as the compensation aspects of ongoing hiring and relocations
- Work closely with our Finance function to ensure personnel costs are in line with Agoda’s financial plan
- Support the expansion and implementation of diversified options in health insurance
- Work closely with the HRBP Team to enhance Agoda’s proposition as Employer of Choice through incrementally providing above market median non-statutory benefits globally
- Help implement a quality-of-life benefits and employee perks program that helps us to attract and retain top talent while managing cost and labor requirements
- Identify opportunities to leverage external vendors and partners to accelerate implementation of benefits
Agoda is a dynamic and fast-changing environment. We expect the person in this role to be flexible in his or her understanding of the role and to be able and willing to adapt, to add additional areas of focus, and to respond to changing organizational needs, viewing them as an opportunity to grow and develop a varied portfolio of career skills.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years of work experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; relevant advanced degree (e.g., M.B.A.) highly desirable
- Proven, deep analytic and problem-solving skills
- Superb, demonstrated quantitative skills, including the ability to work without error
- A formal background in compensation is not required, we are not bound by traditional approaches and frameworks
- Experience in organization development is highly desirable
- Expertise in Excel; good, working proficiency in related programs
- Excellent communication skills. Fluency in English required; knowledge of Asian languages (Chinese/Japanese/Thai) a plus
- High level of discretion, confidentiality, and ethics
- Strong project management skills and excellent attention to detail
- Good fit with our highly multi-cultural, fast-innovating environment
- Ability to cope well with ambiguity and change
- Humility, flexibility, good interpersonal skills a must
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top