Commercial Finance Senior Manager
The Commercial Finance Senior Manager’s role within the Financial Planning and Analysis department is to effectively manage and oversee the work of the Commercial Finance team and in doing so, to lead the partnership of the team with the different business streams within the firm in such a way that the team’s contribution is optimized and effectively managed. The person in this role will provide strong commercial & financial advice on margin management, capital investment and other operational issues as well as to ensure that the senior management team is always aware of actual & forecast performance.
The particular focus of this role is to work with and assist in the financial and commercial planning in the evaluation of emerging business development initiatives, investments and major operational changes to ensure alignment with the financial plan and strategic intent for the company.
The Senior Manager role will be part of the team that drives the business forward and provides the day-to-day reporting of the financial and strategic KPI’s. This individual will also be responsible and accountable for the development and implementation of the business case methodology that will be used across the organization.
There will also be a requirement to have an oversight of the finance functions supporting the Business Development, Marketing and Distribution teams. This role will be essential and is expected to contribute proactively to the day-to-day management of the business as well as the business improvement strategy.
- Effectively manage the team that works with the Senior Management and the Financial Director to define the weekly and monthly reports
- Discern the important trends coming out of the monthly reports, look for patterns of performance and use the resulting reports/ dashboards to steer debate and action for the Management team on a weekly and monthly basis based on what he/she is observing in the data
- Liaise with the Financial Director to ensure that accounting practices are aligned with what is necessary for company.
- Management of Board Reporting & forecasting for the operational aspects of the business, including management of operations risks & opportunities by liaising with FP&A team
- Develop ‘objectives-based’ system & process enhancements to enable more effective day-to-day management of business profitability
- Foster strong relationships with business units by establishing a customer service culture within the Commercial Finance Team
Corporate Analysis & Reporting
- Ensure that the Commercial Finance team maintains a company scorecard that monitors agreed strategic KPI’s and key reporting criteria in the areas of business development, profitability, productivity and ROI, including benchmarks for comparison
- Provide Commercial advisory support in relation to business-as-usual operations of allocated business units
- Work with key managers to identify improvement opportunities
- Work with Finance team and Business Unit Managers to ensure the effective reporting of projects and operations associated with new initiatives
Business Planning & Development
- Evaluate and test business plans to ensure growth and development and make adjustment recommendations as necessary
- Help co-ordinate the annual strategic planning process as required. This may encompass industry and market trends and analysis, SWOT analysis, scenario analysis and planning, budgeting and forecasting, strawman development and sensitivity analysis.
- Work proactively with key business partners to identify opportunities and to drive transformational business growth initiatives, which deliver customer and shareholder value and meet targets as agreed with company’s board of directors.
- Provide financial and commercial evaluation of new business initiatives/projects put forward across the business utilizing agreed methodologies for determining appropriateness to proceed, including: analysis, business case development, assessment of options, financial modelling, project costing and reporting, taxation analysis and financial reporting requirements for new initiatives/projects
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing or related discipline; or an MBA
- A good understanding of technology and how it can be used within new business models.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and work within a multi-discipline team with shared purpose.
- Advanced expertise in a variety of the fields of financial concepts, practices and procedures.
- A high degree of proactivity, creativity and latitude is expected.
- Possess advanced analytical, evaluative and objective critical thinking skills.
- Ability to rigorously test assumptions and plans to minimize risk.
- Experience managing the activities and performance of a team.
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top