Working at Agoda is an incredibly unique opportunity. We are an Asia-based globally expanding OTA with many of our key operations located in Bangkok, Thailand, where the Legal team is primarily based (the company HQ is in Singapore). We seek adventurers with high energy who are ready to tackle challenging problems in a space that is continuously evolving at a fast pace. You will gain exposure to innovative and diverse business practices, and help to build a legal framework to support their implementation.
As Commercial Counsel of Agoda, your primary focus will be adding value to our commercial initiatives and innovations, evolving Agoda into its next stage of growth. The role will be based in Bangkok, but have a global scope. It will play an integral part of Agoda’s core legal engine.
- Partnering with the business to develop new commercial offerings to drive new commercial growth contributing directly to Agoda’s bottom line;
- Taking ownership of commercial agreements with hotel, marketing, supply and new business area development partners;
- Support commercial development of the company whilst ensuring a framework of adequate legal protections and risk management controls are in place;
- Architect scalable solutions for managing the end-to-end contract process (out of the box thinking: contract management process, reduce time to contract, automate, human API, go online, self-service, etc);
- Help Agoda address regulatory inquiries, challenges and develop a proactive framework in addressing such; help the company to evolve and learn from regulatory challenges or mandatory legal or regulatory needs for change;
- Managing external counsel where appropriate, ensuring we maximize ROI when engaging with them;
- Provide legal advice and support on transactions supporting the day-to-day operations of the company;
- High energy and velocity;
- A change agent that can help the business grow, apply and implement a fresh look and path throughout;
- Follow through and deliver, demonstrate ownership;
- A desire to have impact, whilst recognizing that word contains a verb;
- Able to run your own desk in line with the priorities of Agoda’s Legal department;
- Travel required on an ‘as needed’ basis;
- Law degree at a respected university or law school;
- Previous experience with both mature and developing jurisdictions;
- Six to ten years of relevant experience in a top tier law firm and/or major corporation (ideally both);
- Experience and good knowledge of international tax laws (both direct and indirect);
- Working experience or already based in Asia is a plus;
- Experience structuring, drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements;
- Experience with regulatory issues and dealing with regulators;
- Good professional working knowledge of English. Any other language is a major plus.
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top