Chinese Localization Team Lead
Agoda’s Product department is looking for a Bangkok-based Languages Team Leader who will be responsible for Chinese localization to support our Languages Team in providing a great language experience for Chinese customers worldwide. The Chinese Localization Team Lead reports to Manager, Languages Team.
In this role, you will recruit and manage a team of linguists from China, Taiwan and Hong Kong to ensure that these three Chinese variants reflect the cultural and user behaviors, and to achieve KPIs assigned.
PLEASE NOTE: We will only review applications submitted with an English CV
More information will be provided to candidates, who pass our translation and localization test.
- Mandarin native speaker only
- Excellent communication skills in English and Chinese (English level required equivalent TOEFL 80 / IELTS 6.5)
- In-depth knowledge of China travel industry is a must
- Avid traveler with rich booking experiences on Chinese app in China
- Degree from an accredited university or college
- At least 2 years full-time work experience, preferably in Translation/Travel/Advertising/Marketing/Publishing
- Solid Chinese copywriting experience
- Ability to independently manage a team of linguists
- Ability to work under pressure and manage tight deadlines
- Excellent eye for details
- Strong online marketing, SEO and PPC knowledge
- Previous experience in localization project management is a plus
- Experienced Excel user
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Coordinate localization efforts to provide a great language experience in all Chinese variants
- Support team with information on product updates, context for translation tasks
- Monitor deadlines, team and personal performance
- Monitor quality of both product and content translation / localization
- Support team on recruiting, managing and supervising freelancers
- Provide localization ideas and add a linguistic perspective to development
- Collect and report issues, propose scalable solutions across all languages
- Develop the team to improve translations throughput and quality
- Guide the creative copy discussion to activate the team for marketing challenges
- Arrange regular team meetings and one-on-one meetings
- Represent the team in cross-department communication and collaborations
- Provide management with high quality reporting and localization updates
- Manage hiring process of in-house linguists
- Ad-hoc operations and local marketing & research duties
This role is based in Bangkok, Thailand. Visa/Work Permit and Relocation will be offered to the eligible candidate.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE, we have a strict PSL in place and we will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Greenhouse portal.
Candidate CV’s not submitted through our Greenhouse portal or submitted directly through to managers or HR will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable.
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top