BI Developer – ETL/Visualization
Agoda is the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia. And as a Priceline Group company, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world. We have the dynamism and short chain of command of a startup and the capital to make things happen. What’s stopping you from getting in touch?
Bangkok: While it’s 30°+ outside, our engineers don’t sweat, knowing they have the coolest jobs out there. Working in one of the largest international Internet employers headquartered in Asia, your work has an impact on what we do around the globe.
We move fast – why wait ages to see your ideas go live? Work on tough challenges, safe in the knowledge that you are surrounded by people as smart as you are (if not smarter!) to help solve them. And while we’re on the subject, Agoda people come from over 74 countries: It’s an incredible technical creative melting pot.
Technology is not just what we do– it’s at the heart of who we are. We put state of the art technology in your hands so you can help us change the way people run their lives. We want you to come here so they can get there – and get your career going places, too.
The Business Intelligence specialist will be part of the Data team, you will analyze business processes and business information requirements in order to produce a set of business intelligence and management dashboard requirements for different operational parts of the business.
- Designs and develops BI Solutions on Big data platforms (Hadoop/Vertica) using ETL tools (SSIS or in-house developed ETL), OLAP and dashboard (Tableau)
- Experience working with Product Owners or Business users to understand business needs, define scope and translating requirements into technical specifications (includes identifying and assessing potential data sources)
- Works as professional, analyses business questions from data and suggests proper BI products/solutions to Product Owner or business users
- Works as a member of product team on Agile methodology to understand business needs and provide them the right data and reports or dashboards solutions
- Always stays up to date on the latest data and BI technology with the team.
- Additionally, the workload will include fast turnaround of ad-hoc reports and other technical end user support for operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in IT related field
- More than 3 years of experience in Business Intelligence area
- Experience in ETL tools, data warehouse design, data modeling and visualization
- Good English communication and Inter-personal skills
- Good time management and multitasking skills
- An ability to work to deadlines and learn quickly (due to the steep learning curve involved) are essential
- An ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Generous annual leave increasing each year with additional business and family leave days
- 15 days of public holidays
- Provident fund
- Local or International health insurance options available
- Staff discounts on hotel bookings
- Staff discount scheme on restaurants, flights and local amenities
- Free Thai or English classes (if you want to learn or improve these skills)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top