Backend Software Engineer - Experiments Platform (Java, Scala)
Working Location: Bangkok, Thailand
This is a full time, permanent role in Bangkok, Thailand. Full relocation and Visa sponsorship provided.
Agoda is a Booking Holdings (BKNG) company, the world’s leading provider of brands that help people book great experiences through technology. And as a Booking Holdings company, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world. Technology is not just what we do – it’s at the heart of who we are. We have the dynamism and short chain of command of a start-up and the capital to make things happen. We love innovation and putting new technologies to work to extend our lead on the competition.
For our rapidly growing IT organization, we are looking for software engineers from many different experiences and qualifications to strengthen our back-end engineering teams. Being a software engineer at Agoda isn’t just about developing software. It’s about being a center piece of the innovation and technical excellence that the rapidly changing field of online travel requires.
Do you find yourself pondering:
- How to apply optimal technology to solve specific requirement?
- How a customer would use your product?
- How to simplify and optimize existing processes?
- How to contribute to better work environment in your team?
If so, then Agoda might be the right place for you.
As a member of a scrum team, engineer is responsible not only for developing solution, but also for other steps in software development process, including:
- Taking ownership of delivering epics as part of a scrum team throughout sprints
- Participating in finalization of user stories as well as estimating them
- Collaborating with team members as well as system owners towards achieving sprint goals
- Developing, implementing tests, passing code reviews and delivering features
- Doing code reviews for other team members
- Actively participating in optimizing scrum process through retrospectives
- Actively participating in making team better place to work in
Some of the technologies that we work with:
- Scala is main programming language that we use although knowledge of Java is welcome as well
- C# is optional as we do maintain some libraries for .NET platform
- Vue.js is our client side technology of choice for backend UIs
- Data platforms like MSSQL, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Hadoop
- Other systems such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, Zookeeper
- Core engineering infrastructure tools like Git for source control, TeamCity for continuous integration and Puppet for deployments
You are an enthusiast about engineering high scalability systems that have big impact on business, and you already have been exposed to scaling challenges.
You care about uptime of products that your team owns and are working towards finding best KPIs in order to reach it.
Working as part of a team and sharing success as well as learnings while contributing with your experience and knowledge is what you always wanted.
You are flexible, open minded, and want to have an impact on great product by helping making it even greater.
We'd love to hear from you if you are experienced in any of the technologies we work with (note - we are not looking for you to have them all).
Please apply now and we will tell you all about the numerous projects we currently have on the go.
We are happy to receive CV's from both international & local applicants as we offer relocation assistance and visa sponsorship for eligible persons.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
#toronto #vancouver #barcelona #stockholm #kiev #zagreb #lisbon #berlin #edinburgh #bucharest #krakow #copenhagen #estonia #london #taipei #madrid #seoul #warsaw #amsterdam #tokyo #manchester #liverpool #budapest #hongkong #dublin #paris #prague #beijing #sydney #hcmc #munich #telaviv #melbourne #newyork #sanfrancisco #losangeles #shanghai #ENG #IT #4 #LI-PK1
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top