Associate Director, Organizational Strategy and Development (Bangkok Based)
- Bangkok, Thailand
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get To Know Our Team
The People Team is a purveyor of opportunity, searching the globe for the most talented individuals and offering them an open, collaborative workplace. By prioritizing skill and potential, we have cultivated a powerful assembly of professionals through our drive for equal opportunity and diversity. We make the move to Agoda a breeze with assisted onboarding programs, and we continue to support and enrich our thousands of Agoda employees through individual growth with outstanding learning programs and various means of assistance. Our development of incredible benefits has ensured everyone can stay strong, healthy, and happy during their time at Agoda. Leading ambitious changes and making a positive impact in the lives of our employees, the People Team is a crucial and rewarding part of the Agoda family.
We are currently seeking to hire a Associate Director, Organizational Strategy and Development. This role is based in our Bangkok office as part of the Agoda Talent Development team. We are a team of professionals who provide systems to scale, measure, and exchange capability development, without taking ownership away from employees and their managers.
This role has a global reach. The objective of this role is understanding and addressing complex organizational challenges with a view to expanding and refining organizational capability at Agoda. This role allows for unbridled curiosity towards the functioning of the organization and how we can continuously improve.
We think about developing capability in broad terms beyond traditional learning. We consider all factors that impact employee and team performance, and believe successful solutions address all relevant aspects. You will partner with senior managers and subject matter experts for program design, development and implementation. You will report progress and insights to our most senior management.
In This Role, You'll Get To
- Advise on organizational strategies, e.g. how to structure roles, reporting and profile of employees, bringing valued insights based on deep understanding of data
- Work closely with senior stakeholders on developing their teams to achieve ambitious business strategies, e.g., new ways to engage with partners, product innovation models, building culture and organization structure
- Be a trusted advisor to leadership and play a critical role in enhancing their effectiveness through assessment, feedback and coaching
- Use data to inform strategy, track and measure impact of programs tied to business output
- Employ innovative scalable capability building methods that go beyond traditional learning, including role and organizational design, process and tools improvement, various learning modalities, etc.
For more information on how we work within the organization, see this article: https://www.mckinsey.com/business-functions/organization/our-insights/toward-a-new-hr-philosophy
What You'll Need to Succeed
- 8+ years of experience in strategic or management consulting
- Undergraduate degree from a top university expected; advanced degrees welcome
- Acute business acumen and understanding of how organizational structures and dynamics relate to execution
- Facilitating and coaching with an ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to bring business perspectives and facilitate outcomes is more important than experience in HR roles
- Excellent judgement, self-motivated, curious and trustworthy
- Outstanding organization skills and independent project management skills
- Strong problem-solving and ability to work with numbers
- Flexibility and a sense of humor are a must
We are not looking for someone who manages outsourced training or someone without program design capability.
It's Great if You Have
- Familiarity with organizational and instructional design
- Experience working with, or in support of diverse communities.
- Demonstrated change management experience in areas other than HR
**This role is Based in Bangkok**
Equal Opportunity Employer
Agoda prides ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with Agoda applicants privacy statement.
#LI-SS2 #4 #TRNG #paris #saopaolo #melbourne #istanbul #london
Back to top