Associate Director, Content Operations
Come join the leadership team building content for one of the world’s largest e-commerce and travel sites!
We are looking for an experienced manager ready to take the next step; someone energetic and analytical, with a proven track record of driving business results with superior content delivered by operational excellence. Someone ready and able to help build content teams for Agoda, one of the world’s most successful online travel companies.
As Associate Director, Content Operations, you will analyze customer and product data to determine content value and priority; set content strategy and KPIs that drive value; build and manage content teams; work with product owners and IT on A/B experiments and reporting; and coordinate with accommodation supply and connectivity teams. Via rigorous data analysis and A/B experiments, you will identify content opportunities that drive customer value, bookings and conversion, build business cases around the opportunity and get buy-in from partners, senior management and 3rd party suppliers, and lead teams in execution in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
This is a full-time position based in Bangkok, Thailand, reporting to the Director of Content Operations.
Align strategic priorities with internal partners and senior management:
- Establish effective data and analysis flows
- Understand customer imperatives and set content and data priorities to customer value
- Establish and own KPIs to measure business value and operational throughput
- Ensure appropriate data/tools/dashboards to measure execution and enable deeper analysis
- Track execution and report up in regular updates
Create roadmaps and project plans for executing against key performance indicators:
- Establish new and supplemental content opportunities
- Assess resourcing and tools in content supply chain
- Build teams to execute business goals for content
- Engage third party vendors/suppliers/outsourcers as needed to drive content goals
- Work with product/IT to experiment and measure against project theories/targets
Identify and source new vendors to drive product success:
- Stay abreast of content developments in the travel, ecommerce, and media spaces
- Understand state of play with startups, online travel competition, and big internet/tech players
- Share feedback with Product Owners and accommodation supply partners
- Seek vendors for content plays that can drive bookings/conversions
- Negotiate contracts/SOWs with potential partners, working with in-house legal team
- Track partner performance via appropriate metrics/reporting/dashboards
Ensure operational excellence via team and tool development, progress reporting, data analysis:
- Assess throughput metrics and operational workflows, with strong input from teams, to improve operational efficiency
- Understand Agoda data universe and tools for accessing, establishing the right visibility for management
- Work with product, data/BI team and IT to create/supplement data resources and build appropriate reporting
- Monitor and upgrade/replace content supply back-office systems: Translations, Photos, CMS, Geo data
- Communicate regularly up to senior management at biweekly, quarterly and ad hoc meetings
Grow and develop Content Teams to support business priorities:
- Identify critical skillsets and profiles for success on Content Teams
- Hire and develop stars
- Continuously assess resourcing and adjust team levels to priorities
- Proven experience with setting content or operational strategy to drive ecommerce conversion and product innovation
- Proven analytical skills and data-driven decision-making; SQL expertise a plus
- Proven experience in optimizing operational workflows and resourcing, both automated and manual, to achieve business goals
- Experience managing digital content and content teams in ecommerce or other internet space
- Minimum 2 years of direct management of teams of 5 or more
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Strong communication skills: face to face, presentations, written
- Undergraduate degree from accredited university; MBA or other relevant advanced degree a plus
- Experience in technology space a plus
We welcome both local and international applications for this role. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates.
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top