Associate Director - Chicago
About working at Agoda
Agoda is one of the world’s largest online hotel and accommodation booking platforms.
Founded in 2005 and now part of the Priceline group of companies, Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book hundreds of thousands of properties in almost every country on earth.
In every department – from market management to operations – Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter than almost anyone out there.
About the role
As Associate Director Hotels, your main objective will be to provide guidance and leadership to ensure the successful account management of Agoda’s major hotel partners, and to exceed the (K.P.I.’s) and growth expectations that form a key part of Agoda’s business goals.
In so doing, this individual will bring strong analytical skills, a successful record of sustainable performance and the capacity to motivate, coach and mentor subordinates. In addition, the capability to establish and develop valued long-term partnerships will be a key to the success in this role.
Responsibilities will include: (1) managing hotel partnerships in the USA market (2) implementing strategies that grow Agoda’s global footprint (3) develop tools to ensure greater internal operational efficiencies.
- Acquire and develop accommodation partnerships to meet Agoda’s objectives.
- Develop, manage, and lead a team to achieve all targets and KPIs
- Ensure teamwork with subordinates, colleagues, and superiors.
- Develop new tools that contribute to greater productivity and efficiency.
- Prepare and present high quality weekly reports.
- Share and seek out best practices and knowledge.
- Secure global distribution agreements, and instigate roll-out operations.
- Ensure price competitiveness of product consistency.
- Attend and participate in all relevant trade shows, workshops, and events.
- Drive continuous feedback on the quality of the information received.
- Ensure operational goals are achieved.
- Develop and execute initiatives to maximize opportunities,
- Coordinate with management on strategic planning and objectives.
To be a successful candidate, you should bring strong analytical abilities, a successful records of sustainable performance, and the capacity to motivate, coach, and mentor subordinates. In addition, the capability to establish and develop profitable long-term partnerships will be a key to the success of the role.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Leadership in working with medium-sized teams with strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate value propositions to potential partners
- Past success in mentoring sales teams that achieve long-term relationships.
- Adapting well to and being energized by change
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top