Associate Director - Business Intelligence
ABOUT WORKING AT AGODA:
Agoda is one of the world’s largest online hotel and accommodation booking platforms. Founded in 2005 and now a part of Booking Holdings, Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book their holiday accommodation from over 1 million properties in almost every country on earth.
Since its acquisition by the Priceline group in 2007, Agoda has been growing at an exceptional rate. Having established itself as the dominant Online Travel Agency in Asia, it is now growing its presence in Europe and the USA. This role will be in important part of our New York office and will also help to ad growth to our U.S. presence.
In every department, Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter than almost anyone in the online travel agency market. Our people are some of the most passionate people in the travel industry, and it is this passion that has allowed us to grow so quickly and create a best in class service for our hotel partners.
Come join our global team at Agoda, where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company and make a difference!
DEPARTMENTAL INFO/JOB SUMMARY:
As part of the world’s largest travel company - Booking Holdings Group, Agoda & Priceline are two global leaders in the online travel space. The Senior Manager - Business Intelligence will work within the Key Accounts team to support the overall performance of our most important hotel partners around the world by providing a suite of analytics, insights and reporting that keep the team informed, up to date and agile in their approach to revenue performance.
Note from the Global Director: The successful applicant will have flawless technical proficiency and an unparalleled command of how to present outputs internally and externally to all levels of business. They will have an impeccable track record of building out an end-to-end suite of company analytics / insights / reports within an online travel or e-commerce space. Success will be defined by an ability to bridge the language gaps between businesses, partners and departments by making data the common language.
- Own the data capabilities of the Global Partner Services organization, including all touchpoints with the Agoda customer, Priceline customer and the entire supply chain across the USA and globally for the Key Accounts team
- Build and maintain our suite of internal reporting metrics and real-time alerts for Key Accounts, including technical performance, health metrics, revenue and customer behavior
- Drive performance into our Key Accounts by delivering best in class insights into market performance, competitor behavior, product opportunities and market gaps
- Bridge the communication gaps between key parts of the business; commercial, product, development and connectivity by having an extremely high command of performance metrics and aggregating multiple data sets to tell compelling stories
- Involve yourself in as many commercial and product conversations around forward planning, ensuring the Business Intelligence team is thinking strategically on how to drive additional value to our customers and hotel partners
- Ensure the Key Accounts team have the ability to present accurate and informative performance metrics to external partners
Competencies / Skills:
- Elite level skills with the following: SQL, Excel, Hadoop, Vertica, Kibana, Tableau, XML
- Proven expertise in data modelling and a high proficiency with ArcGIS or QGIS
- High IQ and EQ - you will need to demonstrate comfort in surrounding yourself with a team more skilled than you in their areas of expertise whilst inspiring and leading them
- Results oriented and a methodical approach to driving progress
- 10+ years’ experience working within an online travel technology or e-commerce company
- 10+ years in a business intelligence / analytics role within e-commerce, travel or finance
- 5+ years leading a team of technology / analytics professionals
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA in computer science, software engineering, IT or related field
- A humble and empathetic manner with a team first ethos and a dedication to collective success
Other great things about working at Agoda:
- Summer office hours program, where weekends start early
- Centrally located in Empire State Building
- Private Insurance with excellent Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted visits to the Empire State Building rooftop viewing area
- Company matched retirement plan
- Generous paid time off including vacation time and holidays
- Employee hotel discounts
- Monthly team parties
- Commuter and Flexible Spending pre-tax programs
- Bike room available and discounts on restaurants located in the building
Below are some websites to learn more about agoda.com:
Hired.com’s latest global brand report has ranked Agoda #1 Employer Brand in Singapore!
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6332121467869818880
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/agodacareers/posts/319960588412399
Agoda is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top