Linux Systems Engineer
Skills: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, RHEL, Linux, Unix, systems administration, systems configurations, cloud hosting, AWS, configuration management
The Systems Engineer will be part of the team that supports and maintains a physical and virtual Linux environment with specific attention to availability, performance, capacity planning and implementation.
The Linux Systems Engineer Consultant will assist and sometimes lead the deployment/maintenance of operational control and management systems to support operations. This includes application configuration, infrastructure, content change control, and load management. The Systems Engineer will support daily operations of all the systems used to maintain a healthy infrastructure of primarily Linux boxes, with a mix of flavors including RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS and Debian.
- Perform deployments and installations for systems as needed
- Represent application support projects, performing the execution of various tasks in support of these projects
- Develop processes and procedures to deploy software and configurations into production environments
- Always on the look-out for ways to automate anything that can be automated!
- Stand up development environments for the dev and test teams
- Assist in enforcing the use of appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools
- High degree of proficiency in Linux Systems Administration
- 4+ years of recent experience in a networked Linux environment
- Experience working in a typical LAMP stack
- Must be a passionate advocate of the Linux ecosystem and community
- Advanced knowledge of RHEL / CentOS
- Ability to work with one or more scripting languages (highly important)
- Experience with production support for enterprise level applications (working with ticketing systems, customers, change control systems, quality control, etc.)
- CVS/SVN/GIT experience
- Familiarity with RAID, NFS, RSync, and DNS is a nice to have
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science, or related work experience
Back to top