Software Engineering Manager
Ahead of the Curve.
No one knows the road like Agero. For over 40 years, we have provided the safest, smartest solutions for drivers and the companies that keep them moving.
As a result, we have become an industry leader, providing vehicle manufacturers and insurance carriers with privately labeled state-of-the-art roadside assistance plans and efficient claims management solutions. Our Roadside Assistance network protects more than 75 million drivers each year, providing award-winning service that helps motorists in their time of need while building customer loyalty for our clients.
Headquartered in Medford, MA with operations throughout North America, we are trusted by more than 100 leading corporations and used by 75% of the new passenger vehicles sold in the U.S. As a result, we have more information about cars and drivers than any other company. We use that data to continually enrich our solutions, maximizing our customers' opportunities while minimizing driver distraction.
DESCRIPTION SUMMARY: This position develops and manages a motivated, effective technical team in area of core competency. Implements planning activities that ensure goals will be met. Develops an outstanding organization through good organizational structure, development of employee's capabilities, creative motivational programs and building positive working relationships. Directs and coordinates development and production activities of technology department by performing the following duties.
- Consults with management to analyze needs for information and functional operations, to determine scope and priorities of projects, and to discuss acquisitions.
- Recommends and develops plans for systems development and operations, hardware and software purchases, budget, and staffing.
- Manages the development, implementation, installation, and operation of information and functional systems for the organization.
- Develops, implements, and monitors management information systems policies and controls.
- Negotiates and contracts with consultants, technical personnel, and vendors for services and products.
- Provides support to end users in the selection, procurement, usage, and maintenance of software programs and hardware.
- May manage computer operations scheduling, backup, storage, and retrieval functions.
- May review reports of computer and peripheral equipment production, malfunction, and maintenance to determine costs and impact, and address problems.
- May develop, maintain and test disaster recovery plans.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE: 8+ years relevant experience, 4 years of increasingly responsible management or project management experience. Demonstrated experience managing 24x7 information systems and/or technical operations servicing multiple customers.
- Experience with call center environments technologies; Avaya/Waxio a plus
- Command of cloud services and architecture; Azure a plus/AWS preferred
- Experience in Agile environments; scrum team experience a plus
- Command of Microsoft technologies (.NET, C#, etc.) as well as Java, python and angular
COMPLEXITY: Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Demonstrates strong leadership skills. Takes initiative and seeks out best practices. Strong decision making, good judgement, project management, communication and troubleshooting skills necessary.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Interacts with customers (internal and external) at all levels of organization. Proactively partners with other departments to provide information and feedback, analyze reports for continuous improvement and resolve issues.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Required to wear a pager and be available 24 x 7 to support operations.
Back to top