Vice President, Finance
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for a smart, driven individual to lead our Finance function. You will be responsible for overseeing Strategic Finance (FP&A), Procurement and Corporate Development. You will have a unique opportunity to work cross-functionally and use quantitative insights to drive better decision-making across the whole organization. These groups are responsible for owning the company’s budget and financial planning processes, performing financial analyses across the company, providing financial guidance for business partners to effectively invest, maximizing impact of spend in our largest cost centres and investing strategically to accelerate our business. The ideal candidate will not only have the technical skills to support their recommendations, but also strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Maintain our financial model and forecasts to guide Affirm’s long term financial strength by advising on growth, hiring, spending and strategic projects
- Oversee loan volume forecasting, compensation planning and driving growth opportunities both in lending and new products
- Drive annual and quarterly financial planning processes to align with current Technology and Commercial roadmaps
- Provide budget guidance to senior executives to ensure Affirm is investing in the right areas
- Develop key metrics to support hiring, scale and profitability goals
- Manage a lean, high performance team that works cross functionally throughout the company
- Own the relationship with our largest product and supplier partnerships
- Lead the Finance Partnerships team to improve our relationships with our biggest partners to unlock growth
- Lead process for new purchases and partnerships: conduct end to end process for RFPs for new services and tools
- Oversee the expanding Real Estate portfolio
- Grow our corporate development function accelerating company growth
- Develop programs and processes for tracking managing budgets with senior division leaders
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- 10+ years of experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital or corporate finance.
- Prior FP&A experience at a later stage private or public company.
- Prior experience operating in a highly regulated industry.
- Understanding of a lending P&L and debt capital markets.
- A skilled manager who enjoys mentoring and growing their team.
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment.
- Analytical background with combination of experience working in investment banking, management consulting, private equity or an industry finance role.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to cultivate relationships with senior leadership and with investors
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top