Technical Support Specialist
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Technical Support Specialists at Affirm delight our merchant partners every day with friendly, smart and useful help. This role is at the front line of our merchant support experience, and you will be responsible for ensuring that any technical or operational issues our merchants have are quickly resolved. You will become a product and payments expert, viewed by our clients as a trusted partner where they can reliably get quick and correct information. You will work cross-functionally with Affirm’s Sales, Client Success, Operations, and Engineering teams to provide clients with quick solutions, troubleshoot account issues, and build internal processes that scale. New and recent college graduates welcome!
What You'll Do
- Delight merchants every day
- E-Commerce retailers work with many different technology partners, but they will get the very best support from Affirm
- Work closely with engineers to resolve technical and operational issues, and provide high touch support to merchant partners
- Coordinate closely with internal teams to define, enforce and maintain SLAs
- Build scalable business processes and identify areas to make us more efficient
- Drive client communication and outreach about new features and enhancements
- Aggregate product feature requests based on client feedback in a data driven approach
What We Look For
- Passion and drive to change consumer banking for the better
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record
- Past success in a job, internship, or volunteer role that required written communication with stakeholders, customers or partners
- Great writing. You need to be able to clearly describe technical concepts and instructions in emails, but let your personality show and use these interactions as a chance to build relationships
- A proven knack for understanding complicated technical systems and concepts
- A record of taking responsibility and owning projects to their completion
- Nice to have: Experience working with major e-commerce platforms (Shopify, WooCommerce, etc) or exposure to web development concepts
- A cover letter is required to apply, and we actually read them. In your cover letter, write a few paragraphs telling us about yourself and highlight any experiences that prepared you well for this job.
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
Back to top