Strategic Finance Manager
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for forward-thinking, driven individuals to join our Strategic Finance team. The group is responsible for owning the company’s budget, running capital partner operations, and performing financial analyses throughout the company. You will have a unique opportunity to work cross-functionally and use quantitative insights to drive better decision-making across the whole organization. You should not only have the technical skills to support their recommendations, but also strong interpersonal skills to manage various stakeholders.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own and scale our consolidated strategic and financial planning processes (Forecasts, Budgets, Long Range Plan)
- Create and build models and in-depth analyses to provide insights to key decision-makers in investment and operational strategies
- Lead a small, flexible team
- Work cross-functionally with all major C-Level executives to build and track departmental budgets
- Craft materials for the Board of Directors and investors
- Work closely with the Operations team to forecast production headcount and expenses as our products grow in complexity and size
- Own KPI reports to management on financial performance and progress
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- 6+ years of experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital or relevant industry experience
- Excellent proficiency in financial modeling and Excel (you should be prepared for a case study)
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Basic understanding of a lending P&L and various capital structures
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative discipline or equivalent work experience; MBA preferred but not required
- Knowledge of SQL, Python or R is a plus
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly. Started by PayPal co-founder Max Levchin, Affirm gives consumers the flexibility to buy now and make simple monthly payments. Unlike other credit options, Affirm offers transparent payment terms (no fees or compounding interest), and employs advanced technology to reach a broader consumer population.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top