Software Engineer - Full Stack
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are growing rapidly and welcome all levels to apply!
In order to succeed in our vision to offer honest financial services that improve lives, our team must maintain extreme efficiency and deliver a seamless experience with every customer interaction. We're looking for experienced, motivated software engineers who will build products and systems that serve our customers, merchant partners, and employees.
We are hiring full stack engineers for a number of different teams within our Product Engineering organization.
What You'll Do
- You will lead the development of products for our merchant partners, our customers, or our finance, risk and operations teams
- Collaborate with Product Management, Design, and Platform Engineering and other functional teams within Affirm to iterate and enhance our product offerings
- Plan, design, communicate, and implement software systems with an eye towards robust, extensible architecture
- Lead technical discussions and plans to improve our overall software quality
- Develop technical specifications and decompose the specification into tasks and phases
- Estimate project work effort and delivery, and create project roadmaps
- Continuously raise the bar in terms of code quality, performance, and systems design
What We Look For
- Passionate: Passionate about Affirm's Mission: "Deliver Honest Financial Products that improve lives"
- Technical: Fluent in full-stack development (we use React/Redux + Python/Flask)
- Collaborative: Enjoys cross team collaboration especially with product managers and designers
- User Focused: Cares about the details in the user experience
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes. #LI-MM1
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top