Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm is growing rapidly and we welcome all levels to apply!
We're looking for motivated software engineers who will build products and systems that serve our customers, merchant partners, and employees. Our team must maintain utmost efficiency and deliver a seamless experience with every customer interaction and we need passionate engineers to help us do this.
Are you excited about Financial Technology and Software Engineering? Do you want to help build the next generation of Consumer Finance? Several of our engineering teams are hiring and our interview process is designed to make sure we find the best mutual team fit. To get an idea of the different teams and what they’re working on, read below:
Consumer Team: Our consumer products enable customers to find new merchants, take out Affirm loans to buy from those merchants, and service their full loan lifecycle across both web and mobile platforms.
Point of Purchase Team: Our products enable the exchange of value between consumers and merchants, both online and in physical stores. We're focused on rapidly growing and improving the core product, while also building new checkout products to expand Affirm into new categories.
Bank Team: Our team provides a highly consistent and fault-tolerant financial platform that empowers Affirm products. We handle automation of complex financial processes at scale, integrations with banks and payment platforms, and keep Affirm's financial records and assets in order.
Risk Team: Our platform provides a comprehensive automated decision-making system for all of Affirm's financial products, from identity verification to fraud detection to underwriting, credit, and pricing. We are focused on managing our risk exposure, growing our business, and empowering our developers, data scientists, and product managers with data that enables them to understand our customers’ behavior and empower their own decision-making.
What You'll Do
- You will lead the development of products for our merchant partners, our customers, or our finance, risk and operations teams
- Collaborate with Product Management, Design, and Platform Engineering and other functional teams within Affirm to iterate and enhance our product offerings
- Plan, design, communicate, and implement software systems with an eye towards robust, extensible architecture
- Lead technical discussions and plans to improve our overall software quality
- Develop technical specifications and decompose the specification into tasks and phases
- Estimate project work effort and delivery, and create project roadmaps
- Continuously raise the bar on quality, performance, and systems design
What We Look For
- Passionate: We’re looking for candidates that are passionate about our mission to Deliver Honest Financial Products that improve lives
- Technical: Solid CS fundamentals and fluency in full-stack development. We use React/Redux + Python/Flask but members of our team have backgrounds in a wide range of technologies
- Collaborative: Enjoys cross team collaboration especially with product managers and designers
- Humble: You have the humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- User Focused: Cares about the details in the user experience
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.