Software Engineer - Developer Tooling
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are looking for a senior engineer passionate about CICD, developer tooling, and developer-facing libraries to join the our Platform Engineering team. Our mandate is to enable Affirm's engineers to move as fast as possible, while maintaining our high quality expectations. Our work ranges from maintaining our CI fleet, to optimizing our build and release workflows, to building out common frameworks.
Your work is the foundation on which all code is written, and brought into production. You will work to provide the tools needed to make developers efficient, and make it possible for them to efficiently publish features.
What You'll Do
- Construct and Maintain a CICD system that scales for Affirms 100k+ daily builds.
- Write the libraries enabling Affirm engineers to efficiently create products.
- Build the tools allowing Affirm's engineers to seamlessly stand up new services.
- Improve lives for the 150+ engineers who use your tools.
What We Look For
- Built and scaled developer tools through substantial growth.
- You prefer open source.
- Familiarity with Jenkins is a big plus.
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers is a plus.
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top