Software Engineer - Developer Tooling
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are looking for a senior engineer that is passionate about automation, tooling, and frameworks to join the our Platform Engineering team. This small group of engineering generalists has the mandate to enable engineers across the org to move as fast as possible, while maintaining our high quality and correctness expectations. Our customers are the engineers and data scientists within the company, and our work ranges from maintaining our CI fleet, to optimizing our build and release workflows, to building out common frameworks, to more SRE flavored work providing monitoring and visibility into Affirm’s core systems.
What You'll Do
- Engage with engineers throughout the company to learn about pain points, and define and prioritize solutions.
- Support the rest of the Platform team in exposing our fast growing online and offline data infrastructure to developers in such a way that makes on-boarding new engineers pleasant and seamless.
- Design, write and review application code.
- Work to document and evangelize workflows across the company, for a variety of different engineering teams (mobile, bank, risk, consumer, platform, merchant, partner engineering, etc.) Develop, maintain, and extend a variety of systems, including open-source, ready-made, and in-house applications.
- Collaborate with other Platform Engineering teams on security, reliability and automation.
What We Look For
- Extensive experience building and owning tools for large engineering teams.
- Highly skilled at developing and debugging in one or more programming languages.
- Familiarity with Phabricator and/or Jenkins is a plus.
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers is a plus.
- You prefer using, enhancing and contributing to open source solutions than building solutions from ground up.
- Experience with (or want to learn about) operating system internals, filesystems, databases, network, concurrency frameworks.
- Unquenchable thirst for learning new things.
- You obsess about keeping costs low while building your products.
- Equal enthusiasm for command-line-based and IDE-based workflows.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top