Software Engineer - Developer Experience (DevX)
We are looking for someone passionate about automation, tooling, and frameworks to join the Developer Experience (DevX) sub team within our Platform Engineering team. This small group of engineering generalists has the mandate to enable engineers across the org to move as fast as possible, while maintaining our high quality and correctness expectations. Our customers are the engineers and data scientists within the company, and our work ranges from maintaining our CI fleet, to optimizing our build and release workflows, to more SRE flavored work providing monitoring and visibility into Affirm’s core systems.
What You'll Do
- Engage with engineers throughout the company to learn about pain points, and work alongside a technical lead to define and prioritize solutions.
- Support the rest of the Platform team in exposing our fast growing online and offline data infrastructure to developers in such a way that makes on-boarding new engineers pleasant and seamless.
- Design, write and review application code.
- Work to document and evangelize workflows across the company, for a variety of different engineering teams (mobile, bank, risk, consumer, platform, merchant, partner engineering, etc.) Develop, maintain, and extend a variety of systems, including open-source, ready-made, and in-house applications.
- Collaborate with other Platform Engineering teams on security, reliability and automation.
What We Look For
- Extensive experience building and owning tools for large engineering teams.
- Highly skilled at developing and debugging in one or more programming languages.
- Familiarity with Phabricator and/or Jenkins is a plus.
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers is a plus.
- You prefer using, enhancing and contributing to open source solutions than building solutions from ground up.
- Experience with (or want to learn about) operating system internals, filesystems, databases, network, concurrency frameworks.
- Unquenchable thirst for learning new things.
- You obsess about keeping costs low while building your products.
- Equal enthusiasm for command-line-based and IDE-based workflows.
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly. Started by PayPal co-founder Max Levchin, Affirm gives consumers the flexibility to buy now and make simple monthly payments. Unlike other credit options, Affirm offers transparent payment terms (no fees or compounding interest), and employs advanced technology to reach a broader consumer population.
Back to top