Software Engineer - Data Infrastructure
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Data Engineering team at Affirm is responsible for all things data — data warehouse, data visualization tools, batch compute infrastructure, data analytics and so on. We leverage existing open source technologies like Spark, Airflow, Luigi, Superset and also build our own. As a member of our team you would spend time designing and scaling our existing infrastructure, working closely with other teams to identify and execute on new use cases of data infrastructure, and promoting the correct use of data at the company.
What You'll Do
- Design and build data infrastructure systems, services and tools to handle new Affirm products and business requirements that securely scale over millions of users and their transactions.
- Build frameworks and services which will be used by other engineering teams at Affirm to manage billions of dollars in loans and power customer experiences.
- Improve the reliability and efficiency of our core systems.
- Own end to end applications of offline data like Analytics event tracking.
- Work cross-functionally with various engineering and analytics teams to identify and execute on new opportunities in data-infrastructure.
What We Look For
- 3+ years of industry experience in building large scale production systems.
- Experience building and owning large-scale, geographically distributed backend systems.
- Working knowledge of Relational and NoSQL databases.Experience working with Data Warehouse solutions like Amazon Redshift a plus.
- Knowledge of Python or the ability to learn them quickly.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
Back to top