Software Engineer - Bank Engineering
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Have you heard that Affirm is expanding to New York? We are building a joint business + engineering team focusing on the company’s funding strategy in NYC. Being in the financial capital of the country is a key part of our long-term strategy of building close sustainable partnerships with financial institutions to better serve our customers and merchants growth. We are looking for an experienced engineer with the background in financial technology and a track record of delivering innovative software.
(HIRING FOR ALL LEVELS)
What You'll Do
- You will design and implement the best in class full stack investor solutions to allow Affirm investors to purchase loans from Affirm and allow Affirm’s Capital Markets and Finance teams to setup and service whole loan warehouses, and launch Affirm’s securitization program. You will lead integration and onboarding of the new investors, as well as contribute to the technical design and implementation of new funding deals and support of collateral and cash flows between Affirm entities, investors and deals’ trustees.
- Your day-to-day responsibilities will be a combination of hands on coding, design and code reviews, investor interactions and support of Capital Markets users in NYC office. You will build close relationships with technical and business personnel of NYC-based hedge funds and banks that provide liquidity to Affirm.
- As one of the founding engineers of the NYC office, you will help hire and grow NY engineering team to support Affirm Funding Platform with the focus on investor integration.
- You will work closely with San Francisco based Bank Platform Team. You will go through the on-boarding training in San Francisco and will visit the office frequently.
- You will work cross-functionally across Affirm’s engineering organization as well as product and business teams, such as Accounting and Finance.
What We Look For
- Passion to drive the change in consumer banking for the better.
- Solid communication skills. Experience working in diverse engineering teams.
- Expert knowledge of a dynamically typed language -- we primarily use Python, but members of our team have backgrounds in a wide range of technologies.
- Solid CS fundamentals and excellent coding skills.
- Financial engineering background. Preferred domain expertise is in credit fixed income businesses, securitization, loan warehouse lines, whole loan sales, collateral and cash or portfolio management. Knowledge of bond or loan pricing and valuation concepts is a plus.
- Technical expertise in data pipelines and no-SQL technologies is a plus.
- Experience with web stack (ReactJS/Redux) and web services (ReST/Flask) is helpful, but not required.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
Back to top