The Platform team is responsible for building our own proprietary financial platform, as well as our real-time high-throughput data processing pipeline. Our platform provides a single API and set of abstractions that will enable us and our partners to develop any existing financial product, as well as allow for room for innovative new financial products and services to emerge. Our data pipeline is a single pipeline that ties our infrastructure together and is responsible for collecting, prioritizing, relaying, sorting, validating and archiving all log events to different parts of our company and infrastructure ranging from other production services to analytics dashboards as well as data warehouses. This engineer will take a senior role on the team and be responsible for technical decision making as well as hands-on development.
What You'll Do
- Design, implement and extend core platform services to enable new products and features to be built
- Architect and build the next version of our data-processing pipeline
- Create 3rd party developer APIs and tools
- Analyze/debug performance issues across distributed services
What We Look For
- Passion and drive to change consumer banking for the better
- Expert knowledge in a dynamically typed language--we primarily use Python, but members of our team have backgrounds in a wide range of technologies
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- Experience building real-time distributed web services
- Solid CS fundamentals
- Experience developing systems in web application frameworks--internally we use Flask on top of Gunicorn
- Experience implementing highly available data storage
At Affirm we are using technology to re-imagine and re-build core parts of financial infrastructure to enable friendlier and more transparent financial products and services that improve lives.
We believe the financial industry is fundamentally broken. Not only is the core infrastructure built with technology from the 1970s, but there are a dwindling number of people who say "I trust my bank to look out for me". It doesn’t have to be this way, and it’s our mission to fix this problem.
We are based in San Francisco; founded by Max Levchin (founding CTO PayPal), Jeff Kaditz (CDO DeNA/ngmoco), and Nathan Gettings (founding CTO of Palantir); and building a team of exceptionally talented people to join us on our mission.