Senior/Lead User Researcher
What You'll Do
- Lead research for one of our product areas, including identifying impactful projects and prioritizing initiatives
- Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes.
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs.
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods, subset of quantitative methods (i.e. surveys), and interpret analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science.
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing.
- Partner with engineers, analysts, and other technical roles to create and share research.
- Adapt and lead research practices to meet team needs under the tight timeframes of a rapidly growing company.
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions and build even greater empathy for our customers.
What We Look For
- B.A/B.S. in Anthropology, Psychology, Social Science or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years experience in applied product research.
- Command of a set of qualitative and user-centered design methods.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and conduct research in close collaboration with people in a variety of roles, including design, engineering, and product management.
- Knowledge of quantitative, behavioral analysis, and statistical concepts.
- Experience with survey research (questionnaire design, sampling, analysis).
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions.
- The drive to explore and define research opportunities throughout the company.
- Ability to clearly, concisely, and persuasively communicate your findings, verbally and in writing.
Meet Some of Affirm's Employees
Helen translates real-world customer problems into code, which in turn builds the services that Affirm offers customers. She also participates in advocating for young professionals in technology.
Back to top