Senior/Lead Quantitative User Researcher
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Are you driven by empathy and a passion for understanding people? Do you strive to uncover people's’ deep needs and values through data? At Affirm, you will play a critical role in understanding the intimate relationship people have with their finances and how it impacts their daily lives. You will bring others along in understanding how people perceive and manage their finances, and in doing so help the team create truly impactful experiences for our customers.
What you'll do
- Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes.
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs.
- Conduct research using a wide variety of quantitative methods, and interpret analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science
- Partner with engineers, analysts, and other technical roles to create and share research.
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing.
- Adapt and lead research practices to meet team needs under the tight time frames of a rapidly growing company.
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions and build even greater empathy for our customers.
What We Look for
- 5-7 years experience in applied product research.
- Experience working with large scale data in multi-method studies
- Experience with applied statistics
- Experience with survey design and response effects
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and conduct research in close collaboration with people in a variety of roles, including design, engineering, and product management.
- MS/PhD, human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, etc.)
- Experience coding, PHP, SQL and Python.
- Understanding of qualitative and user-centered design methods.
- Ability to clearly, concisely, and persuasively communicate your findings, verbally and in writing.
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top