Senior UX Writer
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm is a fast-growing fintech startup with an important mission: we’re reinventing credit to make it more honest and transparent. We’re genuinely driven to help people afford the things they need and want without going into debt they can’t handle. Our flagship product is designed to be the most customer-friendly financial option out there, and it’s free of fees and compounding interest. And that’s just the start. We’re on a path to revolutionize how people get credit, spend, and save.
In other words, Affirm is a great place to be if you want your work to be more than a job.
Our content strategy team is small but growing, and that means as a UX writer you’ll play a key role in our expansion into new products. You’ll have the kind of ownership of a large product area that’s rare at a larger company, and so exciting at Affirm. You’ll also write for new features in our existing products, and help fine-tune what it means to sound and write like Affirm. You’ll do all this collaborating daily with product designers, product managers, engineers, and user researchers—a crack team of professionals who truly understand that UX writing is critical to designing great products.
It’s a dream job for a UX pro who really gets the synergy between content and design. You’ll get to dig into interesting UX challenges that touch on an essential, yet sensitive, aspect of everyday life: managing money. It’s emotional, practical, strategic, and tactical all at once.
What You'll Do
- With a high degree of independence, you’ll write copy for app user interfaces, user communications (like texts and emails), user portals, and more
- Work with designers at all stages of the product development process
- Advance brand voice across our products
- Support our expansion into new products and features
- Help write style guides and other writing guidelines
- Test copy
What We Look For
- Creativity and a passion for language
- 2+ years UX writing experience, especially for apps
- A knack for usability
- Ability to operate with minimal oversight
- Very well organized
- Great collaborator
- Familiarity with localization a plus
- Motivation to build Affirm into an iconic brand
- Ability to understand and apply legal guidance in a highly regulated industry
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top