Senior Talent Analyst, Talent Analytics
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm is looking for its first ever Talent Analyst, a high impact, high-visibility role which will help to drive all of our projects, programs, and analytics across the Talent function. The main goal of this role is to help us make our hiring process a well run machine and improve productivity, engagement, and performance on our team. You should have strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as interpersonal skills to work across the organization and with clients to drive forward recommendations.
You will own data analytics projects from beginning to end, and will build reports, compile metrics, and own ad hoc and trend analysis. You will utilize business intelligence tools to analyze data and drive key recommendations. You will work with Talent Acquisition leadership to achieve business objectives and communicate insights to key stakeholders. You will recognize and adopt standard methodologies in reporting and analysis, including data integrity, analysis, validation, and documentation; and get results in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
You will provide analytical support for various Talent Acquisition programs, and build tools to surface timely, meaningful, and actionable data that will drive decision-making. Your analysis will contribute deeply to the development of our strategy and drive impact against our hiring objectives. You will collaborate with domain experts to work through complex problems and to create unified scalable reporting solutions. In this role, you will also have the opportunity to partner recruiting operations, talent brand, and diversity talent programs as an influencer on their next generation road map.
What You'll Do
- Building the design of operational dashboards and reports for both recruiting leaders and the businesses they support
- Creating and maintaining data visualizations that inform stakeholders on key metrics
- Conducting trend analysis to find opportunities, highlight strengths, and provide recommended corrective actions
- Providing recommendations on organization health metrics based on data trends
- Developing programs, methodologies, and reports for analyzing and presenting data
- Performing regular system audits to ensure complete and accurate reporting of data/metrics
- Performing complex data analysis across multiple systems to support both scheduled and ad-hoc reporting requests
- Data mining key performance indicators to discover root causes
- Analyze business outcome data in order to identify relationships and trends; incorporate data visualization of statistical analyses
- Contributing to the presentation of data and reporting for internal audiences in a digestible manner that is visually appealing
- Monitoring existing metrics, developing new metrics, and identifying actionable risk signals
What We Look For
- 4+ years of relevant experience in data analysis
- 3+ years of experience using data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Quicksight)
- Proficiency with SQL and Tableau (+Python preferred, not required)
- Experience with Excel (VBA, array functions, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
Nice To Haves
- Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical customers
- Experience working directly with senior leaders to define requirements and reporting needs
- Proven ability to use hard data to back up assumptions
- Proven ability to balance competing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Working knowledge of statistical methodologies
- Passion for process improvement
- Experience supporting projects involving complex data sets and high variability
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling passionate about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top