Senior Solutions Engineer - Partnerships
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
As a Senior Solutions Engineer at Affirm you will work closely with our strategic partnerships team to help our partners integrate Affirm into their technical infrastructure. Well executed partnerships can bring tremendous value to Affirm merchants and enable entire new markets for the company. You will represent Affirm’s engineering team and technology to partners, like Shopify, Magento, Stripe, other payment gateways, and will be making the technical decisions for Affirm. In addition to designing solutions on the whiteboard, you’ll need to build prototypes and proofs of concept to help sell the power of the potential partnerships internally and externally. You will work cross-functionally with product and engineering teams to drive new requirements and solutions to shape Affirm’s partner landscape.
What You'll Do
- As a technical owner, join our strategic partnerships team on discovery meetings to brainstorm potential integration designs
- Support partners and merchants as they build solutions
- Create prototypes / proof of concepts that show partners what is possible
- Manage systems integrators and other third parties integrations
- Analyze partner landscapes and deliver product recommendations
- Project manage internally and externally to drive partnerships to fruition
- Develop integration support material and documentation for new products and features
What We Look For
- 4+ years experience in a Solutions Engineering, Partner Engineering, Sales Engineering, Technical Account Management, Solutions Architecture, or any other customer facing engineering role
- Ability to write quality code in at least one major programming language
- Experience integrating UX elements w/ backend services, frameworks, and 3rd party developer APIs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong project management skills, capable of influencing internal and external stakeholders to stay on schedule
- Passion and drive to change consumer banking for the better
- Nice to have: Experience implementing or customizing in-store point of sale systems, e-commerce platforms, payment gateways
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top