Senior Software Engineer/Technical Lead - Backend
The Backend Engineering (Bank and Risk Engineering) team is responsible for building our own proprietary financial platform, as well as our real-time high-throughput data processing pipeline. Our platform provides a single API and set of abstractions that will enable us and our partners to develop any existing financial product, as well as allow for room for innovative new financial products and services to emerge. Our data pipeline is a single pipeline that ties our infrastructure together and is responsible for collecting, prioritizing, relaying, sorting, validating and archiving all log events to different parts of our company and infrastructure ranging from other production services to analytics dashboards as well as data warehouses.
Candidates for this role should have strong server-side engineering chops, prior mentorship experience, and prior experience in architecting large software features.
What You'll Do
- Lead technical projects from specification and planning, through execution & coding with multiple engineers, to testing and deployment into production
- Design, implement, and extend core platform services and APIs to enable new products and features to be built
- Architect and build the next version of our third party bank data ingestion pipeline
- Analyze/debug performance issues across distributed services
- Plan, design, and build our core platform software and systems to scale with an increasing number of users, features, business requirements, partners, and new engineers
- Provide mentoring to more junior engineers in their progress on business and personal career goals
What We Look For
- Passion and drive to change consumer finance for the better
- Experience building real-time distributed web services in the Consumer of SaaS space
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- Strong software engineering fundamentals are far more important than familiarity with specific tools or languages
- Emphasis on writing clear, readable, testable code
Nice to Have
- Prior experience working with decisioning systems, machine learning, or fraud.
- Python expertise
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly. Started by PayPal co-founder Max Levchin, Affirm gives consumers the flexibility to buy now and make simple monthly payments. Unlike other credit options, Affirm offers transparent payment terms (no fees or compounding interest), and employs advanced technology to reach a broader consumer population.
Back to top