(Senior) Software Engineer - Infrastructure/Platform
What You'll Do
- Build products, systems and tools to handle new Affirm products and business requirements that scale over millions of users, their transactions and secure data.
- Build frameworks and products which will be used by other engineering teams at Affirm.
- Build our fast growing online and offline data infrastructure.
- Build systems which help us in efficient underwriting and fighting fraud.
- Work with product managers, tech leads and other engineers to build Affirm products.
- Collaborate with other Infrastructure teams on security, reliability and automation.
What We Look For
- Extensive experience building and owning large-scale, geographically distributed backend systems.
- Highly skilled at developing and debugging in one or more programming languages.
- Python development experience is a plus.
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers is a plus.
- You prefer using, enhancing and contributing to OpenSource solutions than building solutions from ground up.
- Experience with (or want to learn about) operating system internals, filesystems, databases, network, concurrency frameworks.
- Unquenchable thirst for learning new things.
- You obsess about keeping costs low while building your products.
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Computer Science Degree with industry experience is required.
Meet Some of Affirm's Employees
Helen translates real-world customer problems into code, which in turn builds the services that Affirm offers customers. She also participates in advocating for young professionals in technology.
Back to top