Senior Software Engineer, Backend
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We're excited to share that financial services startup, Affirm is setting up shop in Chicago's River North neighborhood! This office will provide us with a much needed midwest outpost for our Sales, Marketing, Engineering, and Product teams. Join us on our mission to build honest and transparent financial products that improve lives.
Be part of our merchant analytics platform!
We are looking for Software Engineers to join our Merchant Insights team. The Insights team provides the core of our merchant’s capability to understand how their integration with Affirm is working, effectively decide which products contribute to their business efficiency, and experiment with new and exciting Affirm products. This team is critical to our ability to better serve our merchants and provide hard data on how their integration with Affirm helps both our merchants and our users.
We are only just getting started! Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It’s going to be an amazing ride!
What You'll Be Responsible For
- Contribute to technical projects from specification and planning to implementation with multiple engineers, testing and deployment into production
- Improve our core metric around merchant usage and retention by clearly demonstrating Affirm’s value to our merchants
What We Look For
- Drive to change consumer financial services for the better
- Experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining complex systems
- Fluency in back end development
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
Back to top