Senior Software Engineer
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm is staffing a full stack New Markets development team in New York City. True to the Affirm mission of delivering honest financial products that improve lives, the New Markets team is broadening Affirm’s impact by expanding into financial markets beyond retail lending in the US. This encompasses both new financial product types, such as savings accounts, as well as scaling our retail lending product internationally.
The team has several exciting projects to prove viability in new financial markets, with an eye towards scaling successful launches when they find traction. We are looking for full stack engineers of all levels to help us build, launch, and validate new products.
What You'll Do
- You will lead the development of products for our merchant partners, our customers, or our finance, risk and operations teams
- Collaborate with Product Management, Design, and Platform Engineering and other functional teams within Affirm to iterate and enhance our product offerings
- Plan, design, communicate, and implement software systems with an eye towards robust, extensible architecture
- Lead technical discussions and plans to improve our overall software quality
- Develop technical specifications and decompose the specification into tasks and phases
- Estimate project work effort and delivery, and create project roadmaps
- Continuously raise the bar in terms of code quality, performance, and systems design
- Collaborate with engineers across our SF and NYC offices.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
Back to top