Senior Sales Engineer
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are growing rapidly and welcome all levels to apply!
As a Sales Engineer you’ll combine your technical aptitude, exceptional communication skills, and creative problem solving to implement the Affirm solution with our growing network of enterprise merchant partners. You’ll help with pre-sale activities, analyzing requirements and identifying solutions. Sales Engineers are a part of the Engineering team and work closely with Affirm’s Sales, Engineering, and Product teams. You will work cross-functionally to develop merchant solutions, identify product enhancements, and build internal processes that scale.
What You'll Do
- Make the technical case for Affirm to merchants
- Design custom Affirm solutions based on a Merchant’s business priorities and technical capabilities
- Develop pre-sales support material and documentation for new products and features
- Build and present custom demos as required
- Work with Sales operations to build and refine scalable business processes
What We Look For
- Passion and drive to change consumer banking for the better
- BA/BS degree in business/technology, or equivalent technical account management experience
- 1-4+ years in Sales Engineering, Partner Engineering, Solutions Engineering or a Support role
- World class communicator with excellent sales instincts
- Keen technical mind comfortable writing scripts in at least one programming language
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, work independently and drive projects to completion with minimum guidance and high attention to detail
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top