Senior Operations Research Analyst
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for intelligent, driven professionals to join our Operations Strategy & Analytics team. The team is responsible for leveraging data driven insights to drive overall servicing strategy across contact channels, customer segmentation, product roadmaps, and technology investments. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical capabilities, as well as shown interpersonal skills to work across the organization and with external partners in order to drive forward recommendations.
What You Will Do
- Execute planning and forecasting initiatives for Customer Operations teams (in-house & outsourced)
- Develop and maintain advanced forecasting models for key business metrics informing utilization of labor and staffing levels across in-house and outsourced teams using current trends and historical data
- Use linear programming techniques to create optimal headcount plan meeting the demand at least possible cost.
- Partner with Workforce Management, Customer operations, Vendor Management, Finance, and Product Operations to ingest company wide implications for new product and merchant launches and marketing initiatives and translate that data into ops models
- Lead staffing models by work group and provide management with direction for overflow strategies, outsourcing, and reallocation of labor
- Drive productivity efficiencies through data insights
- Establish and utilize best methods (statistical models, processes and software tools) in building staffing and volume forecasts
- Present planning recommendations to leadership, drive timely decisions, and ensure clear and concise communication to all XFN stakeholders
- Co-lead forecast and resource planning meetings with FP&A, Product and Merchant Success managers, reviewing recommended staffing forecasts and goals; Prepare, report, and communicate forecast measurements to management by defending recommendations with sound models and logic
What We Look For
- Passion and excitement to disrupt the lending and financial industry for the better
- 2+ years of experience in an analytically-driven role (analytics, finance) focused around forecasting, building out time series models
- Working knowledge of developing linear programming models to solve real world problems in operations, supply chain, logistics or scheduling
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and experience in Python or R
- Nice to have some experience with scikit learn or equivalent libraries in Python
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Ability to communicate findings and recommendations clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Enough laziness to find a faster way to do your least favorite tasks
- Humility and team player - you go out of your way to help teammates
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top