Senior Manager, Operations Expansion
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm aims to provide better financial products to improve the lives of consumers. We need an exceptional Senior Manager, Operations Expansion to scale operations, support our growing business and lead vendor management process. The ideal candidates will have strong business acumen and judgement with the ability to lead cross functional programs/projects, build new processes, drive continuous improvements and implement technology to support new businesses, vendors and partners.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage a network of customer care and collections providers; hold vendors accountable to SLAs, compliance and contractual obligations.
- Develop a deep understanding of Affirm’s business and workforce strategies, and combine that knowledge with an understanding of industry standards to develop and deliver on Key Performance Indicators.
- Identify strategic improvement opportunities across care and collections that go beyond industry best practices.
- Drive cross-vendor change management and reengineering activities including implementing new processes, systems, tools/technologies, metrics and improved organizational alignment.
- Engage with internal customers and our business partners to deliver new and innovative care and collections capabilities.
- Provide consultative support in regards to capacity planning, scheduling, and reporting (including trend analysis) to drive decisions made in partnership with the WFM lead.
- Establish vendor rapport with regularly communication and information sharing. Support the management of vendor performance.
- Travel up to 30%
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5+ years of equivalent experience
- Prior vendor management or operations management experience, with expertise in evaluating performance of vendors, holding vendors accountable to SLAs, optimizing contracts through negotiations and resolving reliability/dependency issues with vendor networks. Experience managing vendors in financial services a big plus.
- Prior project and process management (lean six sigma) experience highly desirable
- Demonstrated understanding of underlying consumer operations workflow & technology
- Prior experience in consumer lending or financial services a plus
- Self-starter with strong sense of urgency and accountability
- Excellent team player who is highly self-motivated, detailed-oriented, and enjoys learning new things
- Skilled in focusing on desired results, determining what is important, clarifying next steps and prioritizing work effectively to meet deadlines and achieve desired results
- Ability to make discretionary decisions based on research, with certain degree of creativity and latitude
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes. #LI-BS1
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top