Senior Full Stack Software Engineer - Bank Engineering
The Bank Engineering team is responsible for building the platforms central to all financial activity at Affirm. This unique perspective demands a deep understanding of the financial impact of all of our products on the company, our customers, and our investors. Working with our product, design, and finance teams we deliver solutions spanning the technical stack to support Affirm’s core business and strategic goals.
In line with our values, we always take full accountability for our actions and the Bank platform is central to achieving this. We are looking for passionate full stack engineers to build our next generation of workflow and insight across our financial functions.
What You'll Do
- Build systems to provide greater insight into loan and portfolio performance, financial transactions, and reconciliation.
- Develop robust operational workflow and controls around our accounting, funding, origination, servicing and settlement systems.
- Work with our finance teams to understand their needs and improve their efficiency while lowering operational risk.
- Collaborate with other Bank Engineering teams to understand and leverage underlying platforms.
- Plan, design, communicate, and implement software systems with an eye towards an extensible architecture.
- Develop technical specifications and decompose the specification into tasks and phases.
- Estimate project work effort and delivery, and create a project roadmap.
- Continuously raise the bar in terms of code quality, performance, and systems design.
What We Look For
- Passionate: Passionate about Affirm's Mission: "Deliver Honest Financial Products that improve lives"
- Technical: Fluent in full-stack development (we use React/Redux + Python/Flask)
- Collaborative: Enjoys cross team collaboration especially with product managers and designers
- User Focused: Cares about the details in the user experience
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly. Started by PayPal co-founder Max Levchin, Affirm gives consumers the flexibility to buy now and make simple monthly payments. Unlike other credit options, Affirm offers transparent payment terms (no fees or compounding interest), and employs advanced technology to reach a broader consumer population.
Back to top