Senior Director, Head of Payment & Platform Partnerships
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm's mission is to deliver honest financial products to improve lives. We do this by partnering with merchants around the world to offer responsible installments products at the point of sale. In order to best deliver our product, we develop and execute partnership strategies that power our product distribution. As we influence the payments and retail platform space, we need a strong leader who is an expert in understanding and identifying future opportunities/threats and managing critical partners that drive continued innovation and scale. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience managing teams, building complex partnerships in the payments and ecommerce landscape and working cross-functionally with high performance teams. This role will report into our VP of Strategic Partnerships and manage a well-resourced team focused on both new partnership origination and partnership management.
What You'll Do
- Lead high-performing partnerships team focused on increasing distribution of our product for our clients
- Develop partnerships with players within the payments ecosystem (networks, gateways, wallets, ecommerce platforms and other payment/platform providers) to support distribution needs, drive user acquisition, and favorable economics
- Build a one-to-many strategy by identifying external partners that deliver meaningful market benefits and growth
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure operational excellence and drive requirements to develop and scale programs, operations and business strategy
- Support the Product and Engineering teams as they develop their roadmaps
- Represent Affirm and our brand externally given public facing facets of the role
What We Look For
- 10+ years experience in high-growth Strategic Partnerships or Business Development
- 5+ years of building and managing high performance teams
- Broad and deep understanding of the payments and ecommerce/instore platforms landscape
- Clear communication, structured thinking, organization and project management skills
- Strong collaborator who can build partnerships across the organization
- Strong negotiator and big, ambitious thinker in regards to how we drive value with our partners
- Comfortable working in a highly entrepreneurial environment under minimal guidance
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling passionate about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top