Senior Director, Customer Operations Support
You will be responsible for the management and leadership of the start-up and development of our Pittsburgh Customer Operations Center. This includes our Front Office, Back Office and Middle Office Operations teams to support transactional lending and banking processes on behalf of our customers. This operational support team resolves complex inquiries and processes exception cases in an accurate and timely manner. The team also works alongside Affirm’s risk operations team and customer care team which handles general customer inquiries. Functions include Complaints Management, Escalated Customer Cases from Care team, Product Bugs & Issues, Disputes & Chargebacks, Credit Furnishing, Compliance Adherence and Management, etc. This position will have full accountability for the Pittsburgh budget and ensure that all operations are conducted in a fiscally responsible manner within budget targets.
What you'll need to succeed
This role requires a passionate, experienced people leader with a strong mindset for process improvement and analyzing business data and performance metrics. You must be able to demonstrate people leadership and people management skills and have previous experience managing a team.
What you'll get in return
A leadership opportunity with a passionate team in a fast paced, purpose driven environment looking to improve the financial lives of our customers.
What You'll Do
- Drive employee engagement and a high performance culture within the team, ensuring effective performance management, coaching, and development of the team and creating an environment where people can excel through accountability, encouragement and empowerment
- Lead the scaling of the team in a hyper-growth environment which includes developing the team for changes in the future; this includes managing the team’s change resilience and minimize performance impacts that can be associated with change
- Develop qualitative and quantitative targets to improve overall customer experience and productivity across each work type; this includes creating business reports (daily, weekly, monthly) to continuously improve service lead time and qualitative KPIs
- Consistently improve the Customer Experience across our key channels and products by developing reports and insights (weekly, monthly and quarterly) on Net Promoter Score and other identified metrics
- Use strong presentation and communication skills to report findings and recommendations to management and business leadership teams
- Keep ahead of industry developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement
- Business owner of all project related initiatives that will impact the team ensuring input is provided, changes are understood, appropriate and robust training is rolled out and process & control change considerations are identified and signed off
- Identify and implement strategic and transformational changes in the team to generate efficiencies and drive better customer experiences while ensuring the teams adheres to regulatory and compliance requirements
- Owner of Line 1 Risk & Compliance and creates the team’s First Line of Defense Model which includes self identifying & tracking risk events and compliance breaches, monitoring & measuring these risks, embedding operational controls to reduce the breach of these risks in consultation with the Legal & Compliance team
- In conjunction with your HR business partner ensure all personnel issues are handled correctly and equally with respect to the administration of disciplinary actions according to HR policy
- Work closely with local and national government officials when appropriate. This includes building a network of contacts and continuous dialog with government officials to ensure the needs of the new organization are met and optimal business solutions can be achieved
What We Look For
- You must have at least 8+ years experience within a management or leadership position and preferably will have previous experience working in the financial services, fintech space or complex operational or transactional processing role
- Degree qualified (preferable)
- Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency and accountability and has excellent focus on attention to detail with the capability to work and make decisions in a fast paced environment
- Results driven, forward thinking mindset with ability to problem-solving complex issues to drive shared goals and outcomes across internal and external teams
- Successful experience with organizational development, product strategy, process reengineering, and cost analysis
- Proven experience in leading teams through major change and is comfortable that there may not always be a defined plan, path, process or clear expectations
- Maintains a composure and acts as a role model to the team when presented with barriers or when results were not as expected
- Strong customer empathy and experience focus
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly. Started by PayPal co-founder Max Levchin, Affirm gives consumers the flexibility to buy now and make simple monthly payments. Unlike other credit options, Affirm offers transparent payment terms (no fees or compounding interest), and employs advanced technology to reach a broader consumer population.
Back to top