Senior Director, Communications
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Reporting directly to our CMO, you will design an extraordinary communications strategy and lead a team that works hand in hand with marketing to help our users, retail partners, investors, regulators and key influencers connect with our mission, value and brand.
We’re looking for a strategic thinker and excellent communicator to craft and promote our story and educate the market on the value of Affirm. You’ll be responsible for all corporate, executive, policy, product, media and influencer relations as well as consumer and merchant engagement initiatives.
You will work closely with revenue owners in the business and handle communication strategies and plans that contribute to sales and marketing initiatives aligned with growing our modern credit network — both consumers and merchants.
What you'll do
- Lead all of Affirm’s communication efforts externally, bringing Affirm’s story to life, helping to define the future of fintech and retail
- Build a clear and concise message stack, bringing a compelling point-of-view throughout PR efforts and cementing it in the market
- Develop and drive an executive communications strategy and thought leadership program underpinned by content, speaking opportunities, surveys, data and research
- Generate awareness of the Affirm brand through editorial media
- Communicate success stories, product launches, research studies, and white papers through traditional and non-traditional means
- Amplify marketing campaigns with unique, cut-through programs aligned with commercial goals
What we look for
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience in a senior communications management role, both in-house and/or agency
- Proven experience and leadership in running a comprehensive strategic communications, media relations, and marketing program to advance an organization’s mission and commercial goals
- Ability to show that you can engage across borders and build positive relationships
- Ability to build and effect change - at both a people and process level
- Proven skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with credible reporters and editors, and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements
- Creative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output
- Ability to attract, hire and lead a world-class team and agency
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top