Senior Credit Analyst
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Credit team works cross-functionally with Data Science, Product, Engineering and Capital Markets to responsibly manage the risk profile of the business. We’re looking for an intelligent, driven individual who wants to learn, grow, and solve hard problems.
The team’s mandate is to enable sustainable growth while closely managing the profitability and resilience of our portfolio. As Affirm continues on an exciting growth trajectory; thinking through credit policies for new initiatives and products, shaping ongoing testing and experimentation, and being ready for navigating through any exogenous changes will be important problems to tackle.
This role requires a lot of cross-functional partnership. Working with the Data Science team to develop new underwriting models, with the Product teams to develop new products and features, with the Merchant Pricing team to value different merchants, with the Finance team to help facilitate discussions with debt and equity investors are some parts of the role.
Come join us in our mission to change consumer finance through better technology, lower costs, and increased transparency while providing the best customer experience.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design and develop new credit, pricing, limit setting policies
- Partner with Data Science on building new underwriting solutions
- Assist in new product formation and new market exploration
- Develop a robust valuations and monitoring infrastructure
- Forecast losses and delinquencies
- Monitor portfolio as well as macroeconomic trends impacting loan performance. Drive adjustments to our underwriting and marketing strategies to mitigate risk
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Passion and drive to change banking, payments and online marketing for the better
- 2-4 years work experience as a business analyst (consumer credit risk management preferred but not required)
- Curiosity to learn about data, models and algorithms
- Experience with SQL, Python, or other scripting languages
- Ability to collaborate and influence across different teams in the organization
- Ability to communicate findings and recommendations clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A passion for finding insights in data and driving change based on those insights
- Intelligence + Humility. Hubris is the fastest way to blow up a business!
- Grit. Lots of grit. You’ll wear 7 hats and not love all of them
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes. #LI-KM1
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top