Senior Analyst - Pricing Analytics
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for intelligent, driven professionals to join our new Merchant Pricing team. Merchant Pricing is a function within the broader Risk organization at Affirm and will be highly collaborative with Commercial, Product, Engineering, Finance, Capital Markets, and internal risk teams. In this role, you will help Affirm scale up its merchant base and achieve profitability targets while managing risk. We’re looking for intelligent, driven professionals to join our Merchant Pricing team. The team is responsible for enabling efficient value exchange between merchants and consumers through innovative and strategic pricing solutions and building best practices. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally and drive forward recommendations.
What You'll Do
- Build cross-functional relationships and partner with our Commercial, Product, Engineering, Finance, Capital Markets, and internal Risk teams to enable efficient value exchange between merchants and consumers through innovative and strategic pricing solutions with grounding in risk and profitability concerns
- Work with cross-functional partners to develop GTM pricing strategy across different verticals
- Develop automation tools and models to streamline merchant pricing process
- Develop analytical capabilities to enable pricing optimization at various levels of aggregation addressing needs for both Affirm and external clients
- Conduct quantitative pricing and risk analyses on Affirm's loan portfolio
- Work closely with Merchant Risk team to identify merchant risks and improve merchant level profitability metrics by accurately pricing risk premiums
- Assist in merchant pricing policy development
- Assist in new product formation and new markets exploration
- Monitor macroeconomic trends impacting loan performance and drive adjustments to our merchant pricing strategy to mitigate risk
- Maintain a strong understanding of our evolving data warehouse
- Become an expert in the retail POS financing and e-commerce space
What We Look For
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills.
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science, Statistics or Finance (Masters preferred)
- Track record of successfully driving projects from end to end (from building strategy to execution)
- Strong working knowledge of analytical tools, such as SQL, Python, R, and Excel
- Be able to produce BI reports (eg: Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment and cross-functionally
- Ability to communicate findings and recommendations clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A passion for finding insights in data and driving change based on those insights
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Enough laziness to find a faster way to do your least favorite tasks
- Humility and team player - you go out of your way to help teammates
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes. #LI-KM1
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top