Senior Analyst - Marketing Analytics
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are looking for a driven and self-motivated professional to join our Marketing Analytics team, supporting performance measurement for our Marketing team as well as other business stakeholders. The team is responsible for leveraging data to drive near term optimization recommendations and long-term strategy for consumer marketing, business marketing and merchant facing co-marketing.
As the key driver for building scalable analytical solutions on the team, the ideal candidate will have extensive experience writing complex SQL and developing scalable measurement solutions including but not limited to data mart/model creation, self-serve dashboard, templatized performance reports, etc. Experience in marketing is highly desirable but not required. In which case, the Marketing Analyst should have strong interest in leveraging data to drive marketing decisions and relentless curiosity in testing different marketing initiatives to help scale our consumer and merchant marketing programs.
What You'll Do
- Develop Automated and Scalable Analytics Solutions (50%): Leverage SQL to prepare and develop data marts/models that power flexible and automated reporting and measurement programs leveraging tools and systems such as Redshift, PostgreSQL, DBT and Looker/Tableau. Partner closely with Analytics Infra and Engineering to provide tracking requirements, understand how data is tracked and collected, design data models, build or advise appropriate data pipelines and develop scalable reporting and measurement solutions (including but not limited to: automated reporting process, self-serve dashboards). Develop reporting and dashboards that convey recommendations and insights most relevant to marketing goals. Amplify the “why did this happen” vs. “what has happened”
- Be the Steward of Marketing Data across Tagging, Tracking and Governance (30%): Partner with PM, Data Engineering, Analytics Infra to ensure data availability and hygiene for measurement through instilling campaign tagging and tracking best practices as well as advising on appropriate data tracking mechanism and pipeline architecture that meet measurement needs. Develop and manage processes for tagging and tracking through campaign tag management tools (e.g. Google Tag Management). Socialize the processes with cross functional partners to ensure adoption
- Uncover Insights and Recommendations through Marketing Data & Analytics (20%): Conduct exploratory analysis to identify new opportunities and uncover hidden insights to drive marketing programs and initiatives. Analyze consumer lifecycle and successful marketing drivers, and help develop strategy and recommendations that fuel continuous and sustainable growth for marketing
What We Look For
- 2 - 4 years of experience writing complex SQL (CTE/subquery, joins) to develop data models and conduct analyses
- 2 - 4 years of professional experience in building highly business impact reporting and/or automated dashboards using tools such as Python (or other scripting languages), Looker, Tableau, Excel, etc.
- 1 - 3 years of experience leveraging analytics and data to convey insights and drive recommendations at consumer product companies, using analytical tools such as R, Python, Excel, etc.
- An insatiable appetite for visualizations that tell the “why this happened” rather than “what has happened”
- Strong understanding of relational database and best practices to develop data models for tracking and measurement
- Experience building connection with Marketing API endpoints such as Facebook, Google 360, etc highly desirable
- Working knowledge of or strong interest in one or more marketing channels at consumer business (including but not limited to email, push notification, website CRO, SMS, programmatic display, paid search, paid social, organic search etc.)
- Understanding of how marketing data is tracked “under the hood”, e.g. 1x1 tag/pixel, cookie, conversion event tracking, data onboarding, etc.
- Self Starter and detail-oriented
- Creative and ability to think out of the box with limited resources
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top