Senior Account Executive, Major Accounts (Big Box & Department Stores)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
As the Senior Account Executive, you will be a key contributor driving expansion of Affirm’s rapidly-growing omni-channel business: building and nurturing relationships with leaders at Big Box & Department Stores; applying a consultative approach to identify the products and services they need; driving loan volume and revenue via new deals in an efficient timeframe; and, building Affirm’s market position with strategic targets, some of which work with the traditional financing incumbents today.
Your role directly impacts top-priority, company-wide goals and will influence the long-term success of the organization. Affirm’s products are seen by hundreds of millions of people - delivering a best-in-class customer experience, while also creating mutual value and driving outstanding business results for our partners.
You’re a resourceful leader who thrives in a challenging, fast-paced environment. The role calls for outstanding communication skills; you will represent Affirm to relevant merchants and will also provide detailed feedback from merchants to internal cross-functional partners and stakeholders to drive initiatives forward.
Affirm already partners with many of the biggest names in retail and travel, including Walmart, Wayfair, Expedia, Peloton, Casper, The RealReal, Nest and thousands more.
What You'll Do
- Build and nurture strong relationships at top Big Box & Department Store retailers, partnering to find solutions to provide financing to their customers and grow their business
- Project-manage all cross-functional execution needed throughout the sales-cycles and beyond: Business Development, Customer Success, Marketing, Product Management, Finance, Risk, Legal and Customer Operations
- Ensure excellent service and communication from Affirm to our partners; ensure excellent representation of our partners to internal Affirm stakeholders
- Influence the selling strategy and provide thought leadership on the strategic direction of the Big Box & Department Stores / Enterprise Retail vertical
- Execute on goals [quarterly/annual] for new deal signings and launches
- Based in San Francisco HQ or NYC; autonomous travel (30% of time)
What We Look For
- A curious, entrepreneurial leader with plenty of grit, analytical prowess, creative thinking, and initiative, who has a deep understanding of - and empathy for - our retail partners’ needs
- 6+ years of solution selling, management consulting or strategic operations with a digital product
- Must have experience in the Retail and/or Credit and Payments landscape
- Communication & Relationships: Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships both internally and with C-level decision makers within the Retail vertical
- Analytical: Understands P&L and quantitative levers used by our merchants
- Objectivity: Able to look beyond your biases and opinions to deliver the best possible solution for customers
- Collaborative: Outgoing team player excited to work cross-functionally and build relationships
- Proactive Leadership: Seeks out new opportunities, drives projects, and navigates ambiguity with grace
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top