Senior Account Executive
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm is the leading next-generation E-Commerce payments player in the U.S.. Affirm provides extra spending power and pay-over-time options to consumers shopping online - positively impacting both the consumer journey and the business results of our partners. Affirm currently partners with many of the biggest online fashion marketplaces (including The Real Real, StockX and GOAT) as has a rapidly growing stable of iconic partner brands (including Shinola, Filson, Swatch, Tamara Mellon, Birdies and hundreds more).
We're looking for a dynamic Senior Account Executive who will identify and drive new opportunities to build out our rapidly-growing merchant business. You will operate on the front-lines and be closely engaged with the market - developing and expanding relationships with business influencers and decision-makers. You will engage with partners across the spectrum from more established players to new, high-growth brands, creating customer value and forging new commercial partnerships in an efficient timeframe.
You're a resourceful leader who thrives in a challenging, fast-paced environment. Your role will have a direct impact on top-priority, company-wide goals and will provide accelerated learning opportunities with a world-class team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Drive revenue and market share in a defined territory or industry vertical
- Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan
- Drive new business by finding and developing new leads
- Generate revenue by selling, managing, and developing client relationships
- Meet or exceed targets for revenue and sales activity
- Create & articulate compelling value propositions around Affirm solution
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals
- Manage pipeline and follow through with presentations, proposals and contracts
- Liaise with other teams and functions both administratively and as part of new launches, etc.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of closing experience on high performing sales teams
- Experience in investment banking, consulting, growth equity or retail e-commerce
- Proven experience using consultative approach to partner with ecommerce merchants (ideally tech/finance products)
- Driven to succeed and be able to work both independently and with a team to build your book of business
- Strong strategy, research, analysis, presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong knowledge, interest and experience in retail, startups and enterprise sized companies preferred
- Comfortable working with both internal teams and external partners
- Experience and/or comfort in managing deals and speaking with decision makers at e-commerce companies
- Willingness to step up to greater responsibility, strong desire to contribute to overall goals
- Excellent ability to communicate and extremely detail-oriented
At Affirm, people come first is a core company value and that’s why Diversity & Inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top