Affirm values information security as critical part in company’s continued success. While we’re reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, we also safeguards our clients’ sensitive information. Your unique mission as a Security Engineer is to identify potential weaknesses and vulnerabilities in the foundational infrastructure and strategically reinforce them, enabling other teams to focus on building honest financial products.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for security monitoring, with events collected from a diverse range of security devices
- Identify and report vulnerability, intrusions & compromises
- Provide incident response services, including, but not limited to, triage, risk assessment, and remediation guidance
- Keep track of latest findings from security researchers and relevant sources
- Constantly thrive to improve security operational procedures
What We Look For
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems and security or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge.
- An Information security related program or previous research on security is a plus.
- Previous working experience in a SOC environment.
- Strong knowledge of mobile and web application security, with hands-on experience on web application firewall, proxy, and mobile security solutions.
- Acute sense of judgment on security; ability to independently evaluate incident handlings and the effectiveness of current security strategies.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP stack.
- Experience with Internet application protocols and tools, such as HTTP, DNS, SMTP, SSL, TCPdump, and Wireshark.
- Great communication skills.
- Solid programming skills.
- Bug bounty experience is a plus.
- AWS experience is a plus.
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly. Started by PayPal co-founder Max Levchin, Affirm gives consumers the flexibility to buy now and make simple monthly payments. Unlike other credit options, Affirm offers transparent payment terms (no fees or compounding interest), and employs advanced technology to reach a broader consumer population.
Back to top