Quantitative Markets Lead/Manager
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for a smart, driven individual to join our Quantitative Markets team. The Quantitative Markets team is responsible for structuring and pricing Affirm’s debt funding deals and building data-driven models to analyze and predict the performance of Affirm’s consumer loans. The ideal candidate will have experience in structuring asset-backed transactions, building quantitative models or implementing machine learning models. Given the cross-functional nature of the role, the ideal candidate should have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with the Capital Markets team to evaluate, structure and price consumer debt financing deals
- Develop automation tools to enable more efficient pricing and modeling of future deals
- Build data-driven models to analyze and predict the performance of Affirm’s consumer loans
- Provide strategic and analytical considerations for future Capital Markets deals through a strong understanding of Affirm’s consumer loan origination and performance trends
- Partner cross-functionally with our Capital Markets, Treasury, Risk, Commercial, Product and Engineering teams to evaluate funding, product and business decisions
What We Look For
- 5+ of relevant experience structuring asset-backed transactions, building quantitative models or implementing machine learning models
- Strong data-manipulation and model development and implementation skills using tools such as Python/R
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to collaborate and influence across different teams in the organization
- Experience with industry-standard tools such as Intex/Bloomberg and working with accountants, rating agencies, and internal stakeholders a plus
- Desire to understand the broader context of business decisions
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top