Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We're looking for an exceptional Program Manager to scale operations, support our growing business and adapt the servicing operating model based on the new or differentiated products. The ideal candidates will have strong business sense and judgement with the ability to lead cross functional programs/projects, build new processes, drive continuous improvements and implement technology to support new businesses, vendors and partners.
What You'll Need to Succeed
A strong background in project and process management is vital to plan and implement complex operational expansion programs. Additionally, strong candidates will need to be well versed in financial services.
What You'll Do
- Lead cross-functional discovery and scoping sessions to bring structure and life to organizational objectives including defining and refining strategy, goals, plans and deliverables
- Create project scope, schedule and budget plans and manage team project execution
- Identify project partners and manage expectations through the project lifecycle
- Collaborate with cross-functional project partners to coordinate planning and oversee dependencies to successfully operationalize new products and merchant launches
- Fully understand the impact of new product or differentiated products on the operating model, workflows, and tools and factor the dependencies into the project plan
- Ensure launch readiness (e.g. go/no-go decisions), coordinate post-launch monitoring and be an expert source of information by contributing actively to improving project management practice
- Own project governance framework such as Working Groups and Steering Committees to drive issue resolution and decision making
- Develop and implement a communications plan for project lifecycle
- Project risk, issues, actions & dependencies including processes for logging and tracking
What We Look For
- Prior project management experience, PMP preferred
- Process management experience, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt nice to have
- Experience in services, operations or sales and demonstrated understanding of underlying consumer operations workflow and technology
- Experience managing client expectations and requirements
- Self-starter and go-getter with high accountability
- Team focused, highly self-motivated, attentive to detail, and enjoys learning new things
- Skilled in focusing on desired results, determining what is important, clarifying next steps and prioritizing work effectively to meet deadlines and achieve desired results
- Ability to make discretionary decisions based on research with certain degree of creativity and latitude
Location - Remote U.S.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.